Many products claim to reverse visible signs of aging. Unfortunately, they either don’t work or they are only a temporary solution. If you want to change your appearance to avoid signs of aging, you may want to consider a brow lift.
Learn more about the changes you might be able to experience if you decide to undergo this cosmetic facial procedure.
What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift, which is sometimes called a forehead lift, is a specialized facial cosmetic surgical procedure that focuses solely upon correcting problems in the forehead or upper-face area. Some specific issues that are often corrected with this procedure include minimizing the appearance of frown lines, decreasing the appearance of wrinkles or creases on the forehead, and repositioning a sagging brow.
Examples of Changes You May Notice with a Brow Lift
A brow lift will permanently change the appearance of your face. The types of changes will vary depending upon what issues you experience and how you wish to improve your appearance.
Some examples of how a brow lift can change your appearance include:
- Creating an overall appearance that is more youthful by raising the eyebrows
- Creates an appearance of wider, more open eyes so it no longer covers or droops at the eyelids
- Smooths out the skin between the eyebrows if frown lines have started to develop
- Dramatically reduces the appearance of large creases that have started to form between the eyes, on the bridge of the nose, or on the forehead
A Brow Lift Procedure is Usually Combined with Other Facial Cosmetic Surgical Procedures
Typically, a brow lift is performed along with other facial cosmetic surgical procedures. This is because it is easier to perform multiple procedures during one surgical appointment than it is to have separate surgical appointments for each procedure.
Another reason to combine multiple procedures into one surgical appointment is that a brow lift might not be able to correct your appearance the way you want. A brow lift can only address specific issues in the forehead area. If there are other issues you wish to address with your facial appearance, for example sagging around the chin, eye or neck area, they can only be corrected with other procedures.
Some of the more common types of procedures that are combined with a brow lift include:
- Eyelid surgery – helps with the rejuvenation of the eyes
- Skin resurfacing – corrects fine lines, wrinkles, and slight scarring
- Facelift – corrects visible signs of aging to your neck, mid-face, and lower face
- Rhinoplasty – changes the shape of your nose
- Ear surgery – improves the position and proportion of your ears
Schedule a Consultation with an Oral Surgeon to See How a Brow Lift can Change Your Appearance
The only way to see exactly how a brow lift can change or alter your appearance is to schedule a consultation with our oral and maxillofacial surgeon at Sunrise. If you are unsatisfied with your appearance, our surgeon, Dr. Kim, can provide recommendations for procedures that can help correct your appearance.
During your scheduled consultation, our surgeon will ask you questions to determine what problems you wish to correct, how you wish to change your appearance, and what expectations you have for your surgery.
Contact Our Office Today To Schedule Your Brow Lift!